“To bleed is to grow. It is through hard trial we find the weaknesses that must be cut out so that we might heal stronger.” - Chieftain Stora Truetongue
Recognizable by their green skin and large tusks, Orcs are renowned for their inborn rage that pushes their already substantial physiques to exceptional levels in combat. This has fed into the long held belief by outsiders that they are little more than hot tempered and violent savages. However, continued interactions between orcs and other cultures has revealed that to be largely untrue. Though possessed of a certain brutal pragmatism, they are entirely capable of existing within a society.
Orcs are one of the most physically robust peoples in Ariel. Even the average specimen can withstand grievous wounds and have been known to easily become resistant to toxins. They favour direct solutions and treat setbacks in their pursuits as opportunities to either prove their worth or learn from their failures. Conversely, orcs struggle with the more abstract concepts like reading, writing, and magery; often deeming them as overly complicated and unnecessary.
- Begin with 10 Skill Points (SP)
- Begin with 7 Life Points (LP)
- Begin with 2 Resurrections
- Begin with the Physical Prowess skill
- Begin with one Fury skill (any additional purchases require the pre-requisite skills)
- May purchase LP to a maximum of 15 LP
- May purchase the Resist Poison skill for 3 SP
- Must pay double for the Read & Write skill
- Must pay double for the Read Magic skill
- Green skin (makeup or prosthetics should cover any exposed skin)
- Tusks (fangs jutting up from the lower jaw)
Youth: This is the minimum starting age for a given race. This is also the minimum age that can be achieved through rejuvenating spells.
Elderly: This is the age when the effects of time begin to take their toll and benchmarks aging negatives for a character, eventually affecting their Life Points.
Aging: Upon reaching the age indicated in the “Elderly” column, a character’s maximum LP decreases 1 Life Point for every increment of years indicated in the “Aging” column. For example, if the racial maximum LP for a goblin is 8 LP, a 42-year-old goblin character would have a maximum Life Points of 6. (A 42-year-old Goblin is 12 years over “Elderly” and, marking two increments of aging at 5 years each, reducing that characters’ Life Points by 2.)
Maximum Age: Upon reaching the age indicated in “Max. Age” the character is deceased and may not resurrect.